When I'm in the midst of a crisis, I put my game face on and just try and get through it. If it continues, I start to ask God why, and if the answers don't come on my schedule, I get depressed and withdraw. It's a familiar pattern.
The last time I went through this, God stopped me and said "Try and imagine being on the other side of this trial. Think about what it will be like when it's over." Now this seems counter intuitive, but I did it anyway. I saw myself in an open place, free from the things I had been carrying. I felt God's favor and love again, the joy that comes from not giving up and the hope of new possibilities all around me.
If you're struggling today, take a quiet moment and try and imagine what it will be like when God brings you through it, to the other side of the crisis. See the path before opening up before you as you experience peace and health and a place to rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment